Turning Passion Into Profit
If you want to be one of the 50% of small businesses that survive beyond five years, you’ll need passion as your constant sidekick.
Your level of passion is directly reflected in things like your business story, mission statement, level of service and business culture. If you don’t have passion, your customers will know it and move on to other businesses that do.
But passion can also hurt your business. Loving your products and services too much can blind you to realistic threats and constructive criticism that need to be taken seriously.
Find a healthy balance and your business, employees, service and even customers will all benefit.
Unless you’re the type of person that enjoys the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, you’re going to need a little extra motivation to continue working on your business at a high level year after year. Passion for your business is what will ultimately carry you through the tough times and keep you focused on your goals.
Have you lost passion for your business and customers?
If you don’t have genuine passion for your business, everyone around you will know and your business will suffer. That’s why focusing on the passion outlined in your mission statement is so important.
While it’s easier said than done, you can’t afford to lose passion for your business.
Put passion back into your activities and watch your business flourish.
Here are just a few ways passion makes your business better and how to keep your business passion alive and well.
5 Ways Your Passion Impacts Your Business
- Fuels Your Dreams – Without passion, it’s easy to give up, lose focus or get discouraged when things aren’t going so well. It also inspires you to get up and do good work everyday. Use passion as your motivating force and as the basis of your cohesive and inspirational mission statement.
- Makes Work Fun – Running a business is one of the hardest things you will ever do, testing your patience and perseverance. Use your passion to make your work environment more fun and enjoyable and to reduce your employee turnover rate.
- Brings Out Your Best – Every industry evolves and the businesses that stay ahead of the curve are those that usually win the race. With passion comes curiosity, a thirst for knowledge and a commitment to constant growth that drastically improves your chances.
- Attracts New Clients – When you’re passionate about your business and believe in the benefits it offers, customer take notice and believe in you and your ability to help them. Spend more time with customers to let your passion rub off on them and encourage more referrals.
- Paves Road To Success– There’s running a business and then there is success. The most successful people in the world are passionate people dedicated to their dreams. Explore your passion and let it push you to ever increasing levels of success and happiness.
Your passion is a major ingredient of your business success, but it will be tested. Practice passion on a regular basis to keep your fire burning.
When your passion wanes or disappears altogether, here are a few things you can do:
- Listen To Music – Music improves your mood and makes you feel less depressed. Create specific playlists for work-related tasks to keep you motivated.
- Laugh A Lot – With so much of your life depending on the success of your business, it’s hard not to take things serious. Inject light-hearted humor and silliness into your business where appropriate.
- Exercise – Moving around gets your blood pumping and releases endorphins that raise your energy level. Find activities you can enjoy with your whole team for fun team-building.
- Appreciate Nature – Locking yourself indoors and spending all your time working is a sure way to bring you down. Stop and smell the roses from time to time to improve your immune system and boost happiness.
- Disconnect – You may feel there aren’t enough hours in the day to get what you need done, but don’t get burned out. You’re much more efficient and effective when you reduce the time you spend checking your phone and social media profiles.
To achieve your dreams, you need the persistence to continue your journey regardless of any hurdles.
Follow these tips to reduce your stress and strengthen your determination to rise to any challenge.