Get Your Head In The Game
How do you really feel about your business?
Or about marketing?
Or about marketing your business?
Answer carefully, because your responses could determine the success of your business.
The reason why is because you’re not really in the business you think you’re in. As business owners, we are all in the same line of business. The business of getting, serving and keeping customers.
And your answers to the following six questions largely dictate the health and well being of your small business.
6 Marketing Mindset Questions
- Why Are You In Business? – Are you in business to make money or change the world? If you’re business is merely a money-making venture, you may succeed, but your love of making money needs to rival your passion for the other things you love or you’ll find it difficult to make it through the lean times.
- Why should people buy from you? – Do you know why your customers buy from you as opposed to buying from your competitors, or even not buying anything at all? The answer to this question is a huge opportunity for growth for your small business.
- Why do people not buy from you? – Knowing why your customers do not buy from you is another opportunity that is basically squandered by all but the most savvy business owners. Understanding this question can open new markets and help you define your differentiation points.
- What are your goals? – It’s been said that if you don’t know where you’re going, you will never get there. Establishing goals for your business is vital if you want to reach a level of success that you deserve.
- Do you know your lifetime customer value? – Successful marketing is based on knowing your marketing metrics, especially how much your average customer is actually worth over the lifetime of their patronage. Once you understand your customers are worth more than their initial purchase, you can spend more money to acquire new ones.
- You are in the marketing business, true or false? – By know, you can probably figure out that the answer to this question is yes, you are in the marketing business. But why? How can you be in the marketing business if you don’t know marketing? By the end of this course, you will be a marketing superstar.
Even if you can’t answer these questions right now, you’ll greatly increase your chances of success once you are able to.
Spend some time over the next few days really thinking about these questions to get to the core of why you’re in business and what your customers really mean to you.