Rank Higher For Higher Revenue
Think about the way you search for things on the internet.
You type something into your favorite search engine and then read down the list of results, generally clicking each link as you go down the page until you find something that meets your needs.
If you put the right search term in, chances are the top three results are going to be good enough to satisfy your curiosity. This helps save you time and frustration. In fact, 92% of all searches are satisfied by the first page of results.
So what does this mean for you as a business owner?
It means that whoever is in the top three spots for search results produced by searches for the types of products and services you sell are getting nearly all of the online traffic for those searches.
And even when you’re buying search advertising, 70% of the links search users click on are organic search results. This means that for every ten times your search ad shows up, your potential customers are choosing your organically-ranked competitors seven times.
And unlike paid advertising, organic results tend to stay where they are or improve over time, even with no money.
So how can you improve your website’s search engine rankings?
How To Improve Your Search Results
5 Ways To Get More Free Traffic Online
- Perform A Full Site Audit – The best way to start getting better rankings is to figure out why you aren’t currently getting better rankings. Perform a full site audit of the on and off-page factors that determine your ranking.
- Improve Your Site Structure – If your site was built more than 10 years ago, your site architecture is outdated and harming your rankings. If your site is newer, but wasn’t built with search engine optimization in mind, you should think about rebuilding your site.
- Claim Your Online Listings – Give Google all the reasons you can to believe you are who you say you are. Claim your business listings on the major directory sites and search engines, as well as on Google+ and Facebook.
- Publish Interesting Content – Content remains king, and as long as you continue to publish new content on your website, you will enjoy steady if not improved search engine rankings. Be sure to write for humans, but include your desired keywords.
- Share Your Content – Don’t leave it up to others to share your content. While it’s important to include social sharing buttons along with your content, be proactive and post your content for consumption on your social media profiles.
Search engine optimization sounds more complicated than it needs to be. Follow the tips above and you’ll start getting more website traffic in no time.